Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Warm-up show!

Well, I had a playlist all planned out on my iPod and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't get the line-in working on the desk. No idea what happened but I had to scramble and pull random CDs from the stacks - I won't make that mistake again! I own lots of the stuff I played but I also pulled out plenty of good-but-not-great new indie bands just to mix them in.

It was good practice, though, and by the end I was getting the hang of it, setting the right levels and feeling more comfortable in front of the mike. Next week will be my proper debut!

Oh, and I'm followed by another local resident whose show is called "Home Cooking Jazz with Judith".

This weeks show/podcast is available by request, just leave a comment.

Playlist:
Birdsongs Of The Mesozoic - Laramid Revolution
New Model Army - Ocean Rising
You Say Party We Say Die - Glory
Weakerthans - Tournemant Of Hearts
Archie Bronson Outfit - Magnetic Warrior
Vampire Weekend - Horchata
Apples In Stereo - Dream About The Future
Joanna Newsom - Easy
OK Go - This Too Shall Pass
Drive-By Truckers - The Fourth Night Of My Drinking
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - (Whatever Happened To) My Rock'n'Roll (live)
Motorhead - Ace Of Spades (live)
Clearlake - Almost The Same
Consonant - That Boston Life
The Baseball Project - Harvey Haddix
Eno/Cale - One Word (edit)
David Kilgour - Frozen Orange
The Baseball Project - The Yankee Flipper [I forgot to take it out of the tray!]
Chris Mills - Take Me Down
Son Volt - Too Early
Tribe - Supercollider
Lucksmiths - Untidy Towns
The 3Ds - Hellzapoppin
Minisnap - New Broom
Los Lobos - Kiko And The Lavender Moon
Paul Kelly & The Messengers - Wintercoat
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive
Cinerama - Starry Eyed
Baby Ray - Gossamer Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment