Thursday, October 14, 2010

Singled Out: James Brown

Tonight I did a special one-hour show called Singled Out where we pick one artist and showcase their best work. I chose James Brown's funk period - boy was it hard to pick just an hour, and only one long jam! Still, it was great fun developing a set of tunes that flowed and showcased a master at work.

Download the podcast by request - leave me a comment.

Playlist:
It's A New Day (live, 1971) - Star Time
I Got You (I Feel Good) (live, 1967) - Live At The Garden
Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (live, 1966) - Star Time promo
Licking Stick - Licking Stick (live, 1968) - Foundations Of Funk
There Was A Time (live, 1968) - Star Time
I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me) (live, 1968) - Say It Live And Loud, Live In Dallas
Super Bad (live, 1971) - Revolution Of The Mind
Money Won't Change You (full take) - Star Time
Talkin' Loud And Sayin' Nothing (original rock version) - James Brown's Funky People, Pt. 3
Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose (new version) - Funk Power
Make It Funky, Pts 1-4 - Make It Funky

No comments:

Post a Comment