Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Punk & Post-Punk Nuggets

For today's show I highlighted my favorite punk and post-punk compilations. I was originally going to showcase my favorite compilations of *all* stripes but decided the music just wouldn't flow going from swing to country to post-punk. I adore compilations that cut to the chase and highlight the best of a particular genre, scene or label. There are those who chase after rockabilly or garage-rock comps, I'm hooked on post-punk compilations - and there always seems to be more in the pipeline.

Listen to the show by clicking here.

If any of my 9 listeners have ideas for a theme they'd like to hear, send me a comment!

Playlist:
Patrick Fitzgerald - Safety Pin Stuck In My Heart (1-2-3-4 - Punk & New Wave 1976-1979)
Jane - It's A Fine Day (Pillows & Prayers)
Red Box - Chenko (Pillows & Prayers)
The Atlantics - Lonely Hearts (DIY - Mass Ave, The Boston Scene)
Jilted John - Jilted John (DIY - UK Pop I)
The Records - Starry Eyes (DIY - UK Pop II)
The Flamin' Groovies - Shake Some Action (DIY - Come Out And Play, American Power Pop I)
Weekend - Drumbeat For Baby (7" Up)
Gavin Bryars - White's SS (From Brussels With Love)
Rhythm Of Life - Soon (The Fruit Of The Original Sin)
Thin Yoghurts - Girl On The Bus (Messthetics Greatest Hits)
Existence - I'm Glad (Messthetics #101)
The Lines - On The Air (Messthetics #102)
The Tours - Language School (Perfect Unpop)
Shock Headed Peters - I Bloodbrother Be (Too Good To Be True - The Very Best Of El Records)
Selecter - On My Radio (The 2 Tone Collection - A Checkered Past)
IQ Zero - Insects (Auteur Labels - Object Music 1978-1981)
Diagram Brothers - Bricks (Auteur Labels - New Hormones 1977-1982)
Abecedarians - Benway's Carnival (Auteur Labels - Independent Project Records)
Asylum Party - The Sabbath (Transmission 81-89 - The French Cold Wave)
Act - Ping Pong (BIPPP - French Synth-Wave 1979-1985)
Charles De Goal - Synchro (So Young But So Cold - Underground French Music 1977-1983)
Ruth - Roman Photo (So Young But So Cold - Underground French Music 1977-1983)
Nightmares In Wax - Shangri-La (Hicks From The Sticks)
The Au Pairs - You (Rough Trade Shops - Post Punk)
Delta 5 - Mind Your Own Business (Rough Trade Shops - Post Punk)
The Flys - Love And A Molotov Cocktail (Do It Yourself - The Rise Of The Independent Music Industry)
The Normal - Warm Leatherette (Some Bizarre Album)
The Nightingales - Crafty Fag (Death To Trad Rock)
Prolapse - Psychotic Now (Death To Trad Rock)
Holger Hiller - Johnny Du Lump (Ambition - The History Of Cherry Red Records)
The Tights - China's Eternal (I'll Give You My Heart, I'll Give You My Heart - The Cherry Red Records Singles Collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment