Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Australian Garage Rock show

This weeks show covered Australian garage rock (and further choice cuts from Australian artists). My friend Monika wanted to hear some garage rock and while I like some of the 60s stuff, I much prefer garage rock mixed in with The Stooges and MC5. If I sound tired in this show it's because I've been up until 4am 3 of the past 4 nights - two in Brooklyn for the Big Takeover 30th Anniversary show and last night at the Mark Burgess (of The Chameleons) gig!

Listen to the show by request - leave me a comment.

Playlist:
The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges, 1969)
MC5 - Looking At You (Back In The USA, 1970)
The Saints - (I'm) Stranded (I'm Stranded, 1977)
Radio Birdman - Do The Pop (Radios Appear, 1977)
Lipstick Killers - Hindu Gods Of Love (single, 1980)
Victims - Television Addict (single, 1978)
Leftovers - Cigarettes & Alcohol (single, 1979)
Thought Criminals - Land Of The Living Room (single, 1980)
The Numbers - Sunset Strip (single, 1978)
The Manikins - Premonition (V/A - Alternative Animals, originally released 1980)
Psycho Surgeons - Horizontal Action (single, 1978)
Sunnyboys - Happy Man (Happy Man, 1981)
The Kelpies - My Wall (V/A - Flowers From The Dustbin, 1983)
Angie Pepper & The Passengers - Frozen World (single, 1982)
X - I Don't Wanna Go Out (Aspirations, 1980)
The Birthday Party - Nick The Stripper (Prayers On Fire, 1981)
The Scientists - Swampland (This Is My Happy Hour single, 1982)
Beasts Of Bourbon - Anarchy In The UK (live) (From The Belly Of The Beast, 1993)
The Go-Betweens - People Say (single, 1979)
Let's Go Naked - Three Limbs (single, 1986)
The Screaming Tribesmen - Igloo (single, 1983)
Super-K - Recurring Nightmare (single, 1986)
(Makers Of) The Dead Travel Fast - Taels Of The Saeghors (single, 1980)
Laughing Clowns - Theme From Mad Flies Mad Flies (Mr Udditch-Schmudditch Goes To Town, 1982)
Tame O'Mearas - Curl Curl (V/A - A Selection, 1981)
The Goat That Went Om - The Pirate Song (V/A - Just Can't Stop It II, originally released 1981)
Primitive Calculators - Pumping Ugly Muscle (EP, 1987)
Paul Kelly - Before The Old Man Died (Gossip, 1986)
The Triffids - Wide Open Road (Born Sandy Devotional, 1986)
The Blackeyed Susans - This One Eats Souls (All Souls Alive, 1994)
Ups & Downs - The Living Kind (Sleepless, 1986)
The Stems - At First Sight (At First Sight Violets Are Blue, 1987)
You Am I - The Choices That I've Made (Saturday Night Round Ten bonus disc, 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment